Personally, I love learning what other women do for their everyday makeup routine. It is very interesting to hear other women’s favorite products.
I was asked to share mine, and I thought it was a great idea. So, here is my everyday makeup routine.
First of all, I start out with a great skincare routine. Skin care makes all the difference in makeup application and overall look.
- Concealer I begin my makeup routine by concealing my dreaded dark circles and the occasional blemish or two. My favorite one is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in Light. This one offers great coverage and brightens the under eyes well. Yes, it is mostly meant for the under eyes, but it works great at covering other places on the skin. I use my fingers to apply this. $8 at Target
- Powder I like my skin to be semi-matte, so powder is probably the one of the most important products for me. As you can tell, I do not wear foundation. I hate the cakiness of it, it can be too much of a hassle, and I do not think I need it. When you have great skin care, you will notice that you don’t need too much face makeup. So I just stick to concealer and powder. The powder I have been using recently is the Airspun Loose Face Powder in Translucent Extra Coverage. This one mattifies the skin, keeps it looking soft, and blurs out imperfections. I use the soft, fluffy applicator that comes with this powder to apply it. This does have a slight scent that smells a little like something your grandmother would wear, but if you are willing to look past that, it is definitely worth it. $6 at Walmart
- Bronzer, Blush, & Highlighter I love bronzer as it can slightly contour your face and make it look glowy and sun-kissed. I use a couple of different ones that are both great. For a matte version, I like Nyx Matte Bronzer in Light $9 at Ulta. This one is super pigmented, so you must be careful or it will look muddy. Despite this, it is still an amazing product to add a slight bit of definition to the skin. I like to switch up my blush often, so I will share my favorites with you. The first one is a 3-in-1 product that I have recently started using. That is the Essence How to Make Your Face Wow $10 at Ulta. This contains a 2 blushes (one for blondes and one for brunettes), shimmery bronzer, highlighter, and 2 instruction sheets for direction in application. The bronzer is great for making the skin more glowy. The blush matches my skin tone perfectly, and the highlight brightens the cheekbones. A few of other blushes I like are Nyx Baked Blush in Statement Red $7 at Ulta, Nyx Cream Blush in Natural $6 at Ulta, Nyx Stick Blush in Orchid $6 at Ulta, and Nyx Powder Blush in Rose Garden $6 at Ulta. As you can tell, I love Nyx blushes. All of these products make the skin look healthy, glowy, and bright. (the pictures below are listed in order of the products listed above)
- Eyeshadow First of all, I start with an eye primer. Eye primers keep the colors in place all day long and make them more vibrant. I use Nyx HD Eyeshadow Base $7 at Ulta. My favorite eyeshadows are from the Naked 2 Basics Palette $29 at Ulta. I use Skimp on my browbone and inner corner to brighten up. I then use Cover on the outer corner and crease to add definition and color.
- Mascara My favorite mascara is Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara in Very Black. This is a 2-in-1 product that offers great volume and length and a different wand and tube for the upper and lower lashes. The different wands and tubes allow you to get the most out of your mascara by reaching every single last and making them live up to their fullest potential. $6 at Target
- Brows I do not fill in my eyebrows as many do because it can often look too overdone. That is why I love this product. The Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Blonde makes your eyebrows look full yet natural. This little product makes all the difference and really frames the face. $7 at Target
- Lips I usually only wear a lip balm on my lips, but I sometimes like to wear a little nude pink lipstick to add a some color. My favorite lip balm is Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips $2 at Walmart. This offers a soft pink tint with tons of great moisture. When I want to wear a bit of lipstick, I always grab the Maybelline The Buffs Lipstick in Blushing Beige $6 at Target. This offers a soft, nude pink color without drying out the lips too much. It definitely works well with fairer skin tones and blonde hair. I like to dab it on then blend it in to make the color softer.
I hope you enjoyed taking a look into my everyday makeup routine. The most important thing in everyday makeup is to keep it looking natural but pretty. Remember, less is more. Cliché, I know, but it really is true. The best makeup looks enhance your natural beauty instead of covering it up. Embrace it!