New Year’s Goals
Yes, I said goals and not resolutions.
I recently heard a Y0uTube beauty guru talk about her view on the whole “new year’s resolutions” thing, and it really stuck with me. She said that resolutions are things from the past year that you wanted to “fix” and that “new year’s goals” were way more important.
Goals are things in the new year that you want to achieve, improve on, or start, rather than fix and make right. Since I loved this idea so much, I thought I would share some of my new “goals” for the new year, and maybe you can get some ideas for your own goals instead of resolutions.
- Think Before It Happens By this I mean think hard before I say or do anything. Sometimes when I become really excited about something or get in a really happy mood, I blurt out or say things too loud that I do not mean. This year, I want to focus on how my words and actions affect people’s thoughts and impressions of me.
- Build My Relationships This year, I want to grow closer to my friends, family, youth group, and most importantly, God. 2014 was a hard yet learning year for me regarding all of my relationships. I fought with friends and family. I shared my deep struggles with my youth group. I felt so close to God at some times and so distant to Him at others. I have learned more about myself than ever before. In 2015, I want to continue to build those relationships and grow with those people in my life.
- Grow My Blog This has just recently become a goal of mine, but it is one that I am definitely excited about. It is more than building my blog. It is about building my dream. I want to utilize this blog to develop my dream of being involved in beauty/fashion as a career. I hope this year will bring bigger and better opportunities to achieve this dream.
- Be Smarter Yes, this does include grades and studying harder to better my future education and career, but this also involves other things, such as making better decisions (not that I made all terrible decisions in 2014, but there were some I regret), be more careful with my money, and make healthier decisions with what I eat. I pray to be smarter overall and make right decisions to better myself.
- Be Positive I have learned over the past 5 or so years that it is hard for me to be around people that are constantly negative or complaining about every little thing. Since then, I have tried to be as positive as I can, but I hope to be more than that. I hope that I can develop a positive mindset in everything I do so that I will influence people in the right way not only in 2015 but for the rest of my life.
- Be Confident Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I struggle with having strong self-confidence. I hope and pray that 2015 will be the year that changes my life regarding confidence. It is exhausting comparing yourself to others, whether good or bad. This year, I want to fall in love with who I am and who God made me to be–physically, mentally, and emotionally.
These are just a few of the goals I have set for myself for 2015. I hope that this has inspired you to set your own goals, not resolutions. Using the word “goals” sounds way more exciting and achievable than “resolutions” (ugh, I am beginning to hate that word). Life can be hard, but I hope that the goals you set for yourself and the goals I have set for myself will help you and I grow as people and become stronger and better human beings.
I hope 2015 is a year that changes all of our lives. This year, BE YOURSELF and do not be afraid to live up to who you truly are…