Skincare Routine: Day + Night
I have been told many times that I have great skin (*blush*) and have been asked to share my secrets. If I am being completely honest, I have no secrets! Good skin runs in my family, and I have found products that work for me. That’s it!
First, I want to talk a little bit about my skin type. I have combination/oily skin, which means that I get oily in my t-zone (the nose/forehead area) and am a bit drier towards the outside of my face. I also really only break-out around–ahem–“that time of the month,” and it is usually just one or two spots around my nose, forehead, or chin area.
I do like to try different products and brands to find that one perfect product that works wonders, and I encourage you to do the same if you are having trouble.
So, I wanted to share with you my current products that have been working great for me and when I use them.
Let’s start with what happens in the morning. I like to keep it simple.
- L’oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Exfoliating Scrub This is one product that is new for me, but I am loving it.The scrub has tiny, exfoliating particles that clean deep into your skin and makes your skin feel cleaner than ever before. The most unique part of this product is the scrub sponge that comes with it. This is a tiny tool that is used to apply the scrub to your face and clean your face even more. It definitely helps get deeper into your pores than just using your hands to cleanse. This product definitely works wonders for those of us who want a deep clean. $6 at CVS
- Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen-Combination/Oily Skin This moisturizer provides a great amount of moisture for the day while providing protection from harmful UV rays. The formula for combination/oily skin prevents from providing too much moisture that the skin feels drowned with the natural oils and the moisturizer. $9 at Target
Now let’s talk about what happens before bed.
- Aveeno Ultra Calming Makeup Removing Wipes When I do not properly cleanse my face in the shower, I will use these to remove all of my makeup. These are the only wipes I have found that do not burn my skin or sting my eyes. However, I do recommend that you not use wipes to remove your makeup as they do not remove everything. I have found that when I use a cleanser to remove it, all traces of makeup are gone. But, when I do use wipes, these are my favorite. $7 at Target
- Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover This is my favorite way to remove makeup. I keep this cleanser in the shower and use it there. This product is gentle enough to remove even eye makeup, and it works wonderfully. The scent is delicious, not to mention. This cleanser is made mostly from all-natural products, which makes it great for the skin. I love this stuff! $7 at Target
- Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner This toner removes any extra traces of dirt, oil, or makeup that happens to be left over. I use a cotton round (preferably the exfoliating ones to add an extra bit of cleansing) to cleanse my face with this. It is super gentle and has a nice, clean scent. I love it for making sure my skin is super duper clean before bed. $9 at CVS
- Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream This moisturizer is a thick, buttery cream that adds the right amount of moisture to the skin and makes it feel super soft. It has a light, soft, clean, and calming scent, perfect for at night. This can even be used all over the body and provides softness wherever needed. The container is also huge, so it lasts forever. $7 at CVS
- Freeman Avocado and Oatmeal Mask I recommend using a mask at least once a week for any skin types. It provides a deeper cleanse than just the daily cleanser. This one, in particular, has become one of my favorites. It has a sweet, gentle scent and provides a deep clean to refresh and rejuvenate the skin. Facial masks are a great thing to do if you’ve had a stressful day and want to feel great with a special treat. Freeman has many great masks for many different skin types and skin desires. $5 at CVS
These products have been great for my skin. All of these products I have listed are found at the drugstore and are all $10 and under, which is great.
You do not have to spend 100s of dollars on good skin care. There is some amazing yet affordable skincare out there. Just test out different products to see what works best for you, and you will eventually find a system that you love.
I LOVE this post! I went out and bought some of these products and I am in love!