Since we are nearing the end of January, I want to share a few things I have been loving this past month with you.
Let’s start with beauty.
- Naked 2 Basics Eyeshadow This month, I decided to splurge with my Ulta gift cards from Christmas and purchase this high-quality palette. This comes with 6 beautifully matte, cool-toned shades perfect for everyday wear. They are super pigmented and smooth, which makes them easy to apply. Whether you are a beginner or an expert with makeup, this is definitely worth every penny spent. $29 at Ulta
- Lush Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub If you have never been into a Lush shop and love pampering yourself, you are definitely missing out. This scrub is one of the many things I have discovered over the past few months that I love. It has coarse and fine salt grains that exfoliate the skin. This also contains coconut, lime, and vodka (yes, I said vodka) that cleans amazingly, gives many benefits to the skin, and makes your shower smell like a fruity drink on the beach. Definitely a great product for smooth legs and beachy smells, worthy of every dime, if you want to splurge a little bit… $36 at Lush
- Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips Here is a product that does not really hurt the bank, but should, because of its power. I have used this for a little over a month, and it is incredible. It is truly the only thing that keeps my lips from becoming dry, chapped, and crusty (ew) during the winter. The light pink tint makes the lips look soft and healthy, and the scent is incredibly rosy. $2 at Walmart
- Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Dark Blond Defining your eyebrows really frames your face. Up until this month, I had never done anything to my eyebrows except pluck and groom them. I then discovered this product. It offers slight definition to the brows and frames your face in a natural way. You can’t even tell when someone is wearing this product. It fills in the sparse areas without being too harsh. This product is easy to apply and comes in several different shades to match your color perfectly. It is definitely a staple for me, even in my most natural makeup look. $7 at Walmart
Now, let’s talk about TV.
- One Tree Hill If you love a little bit overly dramatic teen shows, this is for you. I very recently started watching it, even though it is older, but I have fallen in love. I like to call it a “more grown-up version of Saved by the Bell” (another one of my favs). The characters in it represent who a regular teenager in high school would be in situations that come to them. This is definitely one that will quickly become an addiction.
- Shark Tank This show is quite the opposite of One Tree Hill, but it has become one of my favorites. I could literally watch this for hours. Basically, entrepreneurs enter the room and the “sharks” (rich businessmen/women) invest in them if the entrepreneurs were convincing enough with their product. It is interesting to hear the creative ideas from the entrepreneurs and listen to the negotiations between them and the sharks. I love it!
For my favorite music, I thought I would just link my Spotify profile so that you can see everything. I usually make a playlist for each month with my latest favorite songs. I have a wide variety of music that I enjoy so there is something for everyone…
I also wanted to share a bit of scripture that has been on my mind for this month and that I have fallen in love with: Matthew 6: 25-34
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Here is a link to Jefferson Bethke’s channel:
These are some of my favorite things from this past month. I hope you enjoyed discovering new things and learning a little more about me.
Here is a quote for encouragement as I leave you…